Wednesday, February 23, 2011

These boots were made for Kendall....


Well, it's that time of the year!

Time for the

HOUSTON LIVESTOCK SHOW & RODEO!

If you're from here, ya know it's a big deal! We Texans love our boots and western wear and so I wanted to make sure that the kids were set this year for when we go. Since Kendall's shoes size varies every month and with every style of shoe, I didn't want to spend a lot to buy her boots.

Well, then I had an idea......

I bought these toddler sized BOY boots @ Walmart for $10.



I figured for $10 that would not be too much to spend on them and if she outgrows them in a month- well that would still be worth it. But of course Kendall is way too girly to wear "boy" boots.

So Mommy got creative.... and this is what we got.
Add Image

I added pink paint and some fleur de lis crystal appliques. It was a cheap makeover but she will only probably wear them a few times during the rodeo and so that is fine with me! Not bad for a pair of $10 clearance boots from Walmart!

Stay tuned for pictures of her wearing them!




2 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING! I will never get over the crafty things you come up with...way to go super mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted about the HLSR too! I miss it so much when we are over here in Germany. I hope ya'll have a great time, and I'll have to stop back by to see if you post any pictures :) Have a great one!
    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete